Tuesday, March 22, 2011
There are reasons why I run.
1. It’s free
2. I can do it on my own
3. I can listen to music
4. To prove it to myself I can
5. To save my life.
This past week I had gotten an email from a friend commenting on how skinny I looked in my facebook profile picture. She wanted to know my secrets. Here they are:
1. I rarely have more than 3 alcoholic beverages when going out.
2. I “go out” maybe 3 times a month.
3. Those beverages are basically scotch & ice or bourbon & ice.
1. I bought small plates from the 1950’s.
2. Portion size is the key to success.
3. I give in every Friday to at least one craving.
4. I love savory over sweet. (so having a sweet tooth isn't an issue but slices of pizza are)
5. Clean Living magazine recipes.
6. Keeping a food journal on my phone.
Exercise (reasons why I do it)
1. “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't.” (it keeps my depression & anxiety in check)
2. The words Morbidly Obese, wherein Morbid = death.
3. Vanity, as I would like to look good naked. (good = happy for myself)
4. The applications on my iphone make it so much easier to track progress.
1. Keeping track is important.
2. Following through is hard.
3. Success is in the little things.
4. Pounds are not my goal markers.
5. Non-Food Rewards are important.
For some it sounds too easy and for some it sounds too hard. It can be hard. It is hard, was hard. I’ve gone absent from my food journal for a bit but I’m still cognizant of what I am eating every day. I’ve given in to eating out again, so I’ve got to relearn my habits for that. It’s not easy but ultimately I’m trying to gain my life back.